Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Sleigh Full of Good Wishes


I recently received this beautiful Christmas plate of stamps from my friend, Anne at StoneHouse stamps. The images on this plate are amazing and even though they are highly detailed, they are so deeply etched that they will emboss perfectly as well as stamp out. I knew immediately that I wanted to create a winter scene around this amazing sleigh.

And that is just what I did today. I started by stamping the sleigh with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto Cryogen White paper. I stamped the image on Eclipse Tape and cut out a mask.

I added the cabin and path from Sutter Stamps next as well as the surrounding pines. The fences from Stampscapes stamps were then added. I finished creating the scene with more winter ground cover stamps from Sutter and that was it. As you can tell, most of the coloring is on the sleigh and the cabin.

Here is a list of the Copic Markers I used:
Sleigh - R29 Lipstick Red, R39 Garnet
Fillagree on sleigh - YR23 Yellow Ochre
Packages - Lots of reds, blues and greens
Pine in Sleigh - YG63 Pea Green
Cabin - E13 Light Suntan
Snow - B000 Pale Porcelain Blue
Then I airbrushed into the sky and around the outer area - B21 Baby Blue, B23 Pthalo Blue and B26 Cobalt Blue

The final step was to add the pine branches around the edges to frame in the scene. Finished size is 8 x 8 inches.

3 comments:

Elaine said...

OMG - your creations are beautiful. Your inspiring cards and willingness to share are much appreciated :)

Heidi said...

OMG is all I can say- this is an amazing scene!

Jenny Gropp said...

WOW. Lovely images from Stonehouse. The sleigh is beautiful and it stands out looking so rich in your scene.