Monday, January 19, 2009

House Mouse color challenge


I made this card for the House Mouse challenge #21, to use Cameo Coral (a slight peachy pink) Old Olive (a rich olive green) and Night of Navy (navy blue in its finest!). I don't have these Stampin Up colors but I think I matched them pretty close.

I just love this image entitled "Mouse Drops". Using my Copics, I colored the mouse on top of the medicine bottle with E42, shaded with E43. For the sick little guy, his blanket is R22, shaded with R24. And he is E01, shaded with E33. I used R20 for the inside of their ears and E01 for their hands, feet and tail.

For the bottle I simply added color along the outline with B000. I decided the medicine should be cherry flavored so I colored it R83, shaded with R85. The label is E50, shaded with E53. Oh, and I added a little E42 on the ground below them.

I created the flower using 3 different flowers from my Prima Bucket of Blooms then airbrushed them to match using YG63, B29 and R24. I also airbrushed the gems in the corners to match.

I hope you enjoy my creation and please join in on the fun.

6 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

Wow Sandy, you do beautiful work!!! Love your blog!!! I'll be back!

Jenny Gropp said...

That poor little sick mousie! I love this image... he looks so pitiful!! Your card is fantastic!
My husband said of my last house mouse card-- why would you do a cards with rats?? lol. men.

Anonymous said...

THese guys are so cute and you made this card so beautiful. I almost wish I was sick so you would sent it to me. I said, "almost". Amy P.

Sheila said...

pink medicine, was my Favourite as a child.. tasted of strawberries and some even tased of Aniseed yummy!!, didn't like Yellow Medicine tho thats was YUKKK!!!.
That is such a cute stamp Sandy, hope that poor little chap gets better soon.
Sheila x

Leigh said...

Sandy, this is a gorgeous card. Wonderful colouring.

Els G. said...

Lovely card! Great colouring job. I just can't seem to get used to Copics, but you sure know how to use them perfectly!
Els
x