Saturday, January 10, 2009

Sutter Church in the Pines

This scene is for a challenge on the Sutter Yahoo group to use stamps that we have never inked.

I started with the snow covered pine branches sets and built the tree in the foreground. There are 3 sets of branches; left, right and middle and they come in 3 sizes. I began by stamping the middle all the way up, masking it off and then adding the branches until I was happy with the tree.

Next I stamped the church and the path leading up to it. Then it was just a matter of a few extra trees to finish off the scene.

All stamps are from Sutter stamps except the Stampscapes pine branch around the edges.

There is not much coloring to this scene. I used Copics B000 Pale Porcelain Blue on the snow, Cool Gray 0 and 3 on the Church, YR21 Cream for the windows and R37 Carmine for the doors. E71 Champagne and E74 Cocoa Brown on the stone fence, E43 Dull Ivory on the tree trunk and E50 Egg Shell for the path. The last step was to airbrush B34 Manganese Blue, B45 Smoky Blue and B97 Night Blue around the edges and in the sky.

Finished size is 7 5/8 x 6 7/8 inches. Stamped on Curious Cryogen white with Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo black ink.

6 comments:

Silvia said...

What a beautyful card! It's great!

Karen W said...

Beautiful card, I love the tree!!

Jenny Gropp said...

Love the blue... such a warm looking scene!

Sheila said...

A gorgeous scene Sandy, I've yet to ink up my branches, still trying to work out how to build them up, to make a decent looking tree.
Sheila xx

Sandy705 said...

Beautiful scene Sandy. Love the layout.

Bonzi said...

This card is stunning, beautiful, gorgeous!! Wow!! Dare I say BEAUTIFUL!!