Friday, February 6, 2009

February Class Samples



I got together with my wonderful stamping ladies today. They have me come in once a month and teach a class. It is a lot of fun.

Here are the cards we made. The first three are stamped on glossy paper from the Paper Cut and colored with Adirondack dye inks applied with a Colorbox stylus. If you would like to see me in action, be sure to check out the videos on the right side of my blog.

I stick pretty much to the same ink colors on these...
Grass and Trees- Lettuce, Meadow, Pesto and some Latte
Path - Latte
Water - Ocean Aqua, Pool
Rocks - Mushroom, Ginger
Sky - Cloudy Blue, Stonewashed
For the Mountain, I used Mushroom in the sample but Slate also works nicely. The small rock coloring and the details in the trees and pines were done with Tombow and LePlume markers.


The first two cards are using stamps from Stampscapes but the third is all Sutter stamps. Edna and Bev wanted me to show them how to use the individual snow covered pine branches from Sutter. They come in three sizes and you just keep layering them until you have a tree the right height. There are center branch pieces also but we did not use them for this card. It requires quite a bit of masking to build a tree from scratch using the right, center and left branches. So I just quickly explained the process.


For the last card, we played with my new Daisy stamp from Sugar Nellie. Isn't she just the cutest? Thank you, Sheila for sending her to me. She is stamped on Cryogen paper with Memento black ink and colored with Copics.



Face - E000, E00, E02
Top - R12, R14
Jeans - B91, B95
Patches - R22, R24
Belt - E33
Hair - YR12, YR14
Flowers - R22
Leaves and Grass - YG63
I used a gold Spica pen for the flower centers.

The DP is from K&Company, the Classic collection. I created the top two flowers with my McGill daisy punches. Finished size on each of these is 4.25 x 5.5 inches.

7 comments:

Crystal said...

Beautiful landscape cards....

shatril said...

Sandy you are always so inspirational. Thanks for the details of these, so we can attempt to make them ourselves.

Sandy Knecht said...

Sandy, I love the two compositions of the Stampscape and the Sutter cards. The coloring is fabulous. They are showing a bit dark on my screen. Sugar Nellie is the sweetest. I had to place an order for her.

Norma Kennedy said...

Hi Sandy, Thanks for visiting Cut Card stock.com ...of course u qualify since u allready are a reader :' ) Best Wishes, Norma

Jenny Gropp said...

All four are stunning cards-- I know those stampin' ladies left happy!

Anonymous said...

Oh Sandy, I love these cards! I love the path down to the lake! Very cool! Amy P.

Sheila said...

You really are the Queen of 'scapes my friend.. I love these, but have to go with Amy the first one is my number1 favourite.. I love how you've put this one together.

As for Daisy... you know my feelings on her...lol.
Sheila xx