Sunday, March 22, 2009

Barnegat Light photoscape


I grew up in Barnegat, New Jersey, across the bay from Barnegat Light. I love this lighthouse and have made the climb to the top many times.

Using a photo of a sky over my home in Michigan, I printed it onto glossy paper from the Paper Cut. After heat setting the ink, I stamped my images using Marvy Matchables black ink.

The lighthouse is from Stampendous, I did not ink up the foliage on the bottom of the stamp or the clouds around it. The rest of the stamps are from Stampscapes. I heat set it again. I then added color with my Tombow markers and used a white gel pen on the base of the lighthouse.

I have not been home to NJ in years and really miss this sight.

6 comments:

Trish said...

This is beautiful! Great job!
Trish

Sandy Knecht said...

Beautiful! It looks like a nice evening for sailing.

Pat Moore said...

This is outstanding. It is a beautiful scene. ...Pat M

Sheila said...

This is stunning Sandy, your Photoscapes never fail to make me go WOW!!!.
Sheila xx

Elaine A said...

Sandy -

It is amazing how realistic this looks. So much like a photograph. I love it, I have to try this again, last time I did, I ended up with mud - LOL.

Elaine Allen

Jenny Gropp said...

wow, I love your story and the real sky photo, what a neat card!