Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wacky Wednesday Color Challenge Poppies

I made this card for the Wacky Wednesday Color Challenge on the Rubbernecker Stamps blog. The challenge was to use the colors pink and purple. For those of you that know me, pink is one of my least favorite colors, lol.

I began by stamping the image on Cryogen white paper with Memento Tuxedo black ink. Copics used:
Poppies - R81, R83, R85
Flower centers - Y17 and gold Spica
Leaves - YG13
Background - V12
Inner Frame - V17
Wooden Frame - YR23
After I cut the image out, I outlined it with W3.

I used my airbrush to color the corner pearls with R85. I used the same marker directly to the ribbon to color it to match as well. The DP is from Paper Salon.

I must say that I can't think of any flowers that I enjoy coloring more than the ones I have purchased from Rubbernecker Stamp Company. As you can tell from my card, this is a large stamp and it stamps out beautifully. It is red rubber pre-mounted on EZ cling. All you need is an acrylic block and you are ready to go. For more examples, click on the RubberNecker label at the bottom of this post. Finished size is 4.25 x 5.5 inches.

12 comments:

Lisa Foster said...

OH my gosh, Sandy!!!! This is gorgeous! You have really done an outstanding job! (as always) I LOVE this!!!

Sheila said...

I'm really proud of you Yoda... pink suits you.. you should use it more often.
Great card.
Sheila xx

Sherry Cheever said...

Oh my for someone who doesn't like/use pink, this is a BEAUTIFUL card!

Shelly said...

This is gorgeous Sandy, love the fussy cutting!

Candy said...

Gorgeous Sandy, perfect colors for this image! Thanks for playing!!

Broni said...

Fabulous coloring and wonderful card! I see someone else besides me like to cut out images!! Thanks for playing along with us!!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card Sandy, LOVE the pink flowers and stunning design!

Have a wonderful weekend, Jennifer :)

Dawn Frost said...

I love the flowers, wow! What an awesome card!!

Holly said...

Wow............... such a gorgeous card! Love your pink flowers just bursting out on your card!

Glenda said...

I really like your card. You sure made those flowers pop. Quite nice.

Jenny Gropp said...

HaHa! I can only imagine what your response was upon reading the colors: PINK and PURPLE!! LOL! LOL! Ohhh PINKY, You did good! Fun flower image!

Joan Ervin said...

This is sooo beautiful...such a beautiful image and your coloring is absolutely gorgeous!!! Thanks for playing in the Wacky Wednesday challenge!!!