Thursday, June 4, 2009

Simon Says Stamps Tim Holtz Challenge

Simon Says Stamps is hosting a Tim Holtz challenge,not only will the winner get a $25 shopping spree to Simon Says Stamps, they will also win this Tim Holtz signed original. How cool is that.

So you can use ANY Tim Holtz product or if you don't have any, you can make something inspired by Tim Holtz. It doesn't have to be grungy, it can be as cute as anything if you so wish ! If you need inspiration, check out our Design Team creations or visit Tim's blog. Once you have created you project, just add your name and web link to Mr. Linky at the bottom of the challenge post.

I was inspired by all the great tags that Tim makes and I happened to have this wonderful Halloween stamp from Tim's Components collection.

I applied Adirondack dye inks with a stipple brush to a pre-cut glossy tag. Then I stamped my image in black, adding some rub-on words, bats and a spider from Stampin-Up. The branches at the top are from Stampscapes. I used a gold Krylon pen to add the gold border and once it was dry, I mounted the tag to a piece of black cardstock, trimming the edge to match.

So won't you play along with us?

5 comments:

Anne said...

Truly incredible!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

It's great to see you Sandy!
Love it!!!
Thanks for sharing!
Heidi

Iris said...

Sandy your tag is soo wonderful, love the colours and the amazing stamp.

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge.

Iris

Jennifer Meyer said...

Great tag Sandy! Hannah & I are amazed by the colors and design!

Hugs & Kisses,
Hannah & Jen :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I love this! I am thinking Halloween invites! What a great stamp!!!! I haven't seen that one before! Let's do this when you come over on Friday too, o.k.?! See you soon! Amy P.