Thursday, November 12, 2009

Mo's Digital Challenge 6 - Sketch challenge

This week over at Mo's Digital Challenge blog, our hostess of the month, Caryn, has come up with a great sketch challenge.

Just follow the sketch, use a Mo Manning digi image and add the link to your card (not your blog) to Mr Linky at the bottom of the challenge blog.  This week the winner of the challenge will get to work with Mo to suggest an image as well as name it and receive it free.


For my card I chose to use Mo's fabulous image called Arctic Steed.  Isn't he just wonderful, reminds me of Lyra and Iorek from the Golden Compass.  I began by sizing and printing my image onto Cryogen white paper with my inkjet printer.  Copics used:
Bear - C0, R20
Girl - E00, E02
Hair - YR14, YR18
Coat - B00, BV00
I colored all the small areas on the coat with LePlume markers. 
For the sky, I added some Peel Off snowflake and star stickers, masked the image and then airbrushed B97 and B99 around it.
I could not find paper that worked with my colors, so I airbrushed BV04 onto the speckled paper from Me&My Big Ideas for a closer match, and I airbrushed C3 onto the turquoise paper to tone it down a bit.  The border punch is new from Martha Stewart.  I used a Cuttlebug Snowflake embossing folder on the top panel.  The snowflake is a combination of a Martha Stewart punch and a McGill punch, with a finding and a pearl to complete the look.  I also added several silver gems to the card.  Finished size is 6" square.

Be sure to visit the challenge blog for more sketch inspiration from the fabulous design team and please join in on the fun.

12 comments:

Sheila said...

Fabulous Yoda.... very Golden Compass :)..love this card going to have to add that image to my wishlist :).
Hugs
Sheila xx

Dawn B. said...

This is beautifully done Sandy.. I really like this image and it is perfect within the circle.. TFS

Anjou Krelovich said...

Just beautiful! It takes my breath away!

Caryn said...

This is just fabulous Sandy, the image is great and your colours work so well.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

I like your finished Artic Steed! Your amazing how you use your copics to create the right color cardstock. It is a beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

You seem to always pick the right things that go together so well. Great Job. Edna B.

Unknown said...

Beautiful Sandy! (As are all your cards).
Viv xx

The Wired Angel said...

Beautiful job on this Sandy. Colors are fantastic and your coloring terrific. TFS. Hugs, Peggy

Clare said...

Oh I love it!

Cathy said...

Sandy, gorgeous coloring as usual! Beautiful card and perfect embellishments!

Suzanne J Dean said...

Such a beautiful card Sandi--this image does remind me of the Golden Compass too! I love your coloring & fab embellies!

hugz,
Suzanne

Jenny Gropp said...

WOW, WOW, WOW. Image, card design.... WOW. So striking with the Blue sky airbrushing and the Bright White of the polar Bear. Outstanding job on this one, Pinky!!