Friday, May 7, 2010

Hero Arts Elegant Nature

Today is Friday so that means ABC Toys and Crafts.  Sometimes a card comes together so perfectly, I am just astounded.  I have to say I love this card and it is so simple but I think quite elegant. 


I began with this luscious paper from the Basic Grey Indian Summer 6x6 pad, a perfect background for a butterfly.  Next up, this wonderful butterfly from the Hero Arts Antique Engravings clear stamp set.  Of course, I stamped it with Memento ink onto Cryogen paper.  Copics used:
Butterfly - YR21, YR15, YR18, E70, E71, C5
I also airbrushed YR21 and YR15 around the sentiment. 

I cut the butterfly out for some dimension.  Here is a tip; before mounting the butterfly, run a black marker around the edges of the butterfly so the white of the paper is not showing.  It gives it a more finished look.  I used a black Glaze pen to add the antenna to the card.  Airbrushed some gems to match and I was done.  Very quick card but an impressive one, I think. 

Products available at ABC Toys and Crafts:

8 comments:

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Great card, Sandy. That butterfly is gorgeous and I love the Indian Summer paper. Very nice!

Karen W said...

This is gorgeous, I love it all!

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

I love the butterfly and Indian Summer paper. How in the world do you cut out the antenna successfully?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!! Sounds simple and fast and turned out so nicely. Will have to look for the supplies. Edna

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card - Elaine W

Anonymous said...

Really lovely card Sandy, beautyful! Greetings from Holland,
Lucy

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

WoW...Sandy this card is stunning! The colours are beautiful. I luv butterflies and this one is super pretty.

xoxo,
Lori

grandmalee said...

It didn't just come together perfectly, it's a perfect fit! Stunning!