Thursday, January 13, 2011

Help for Katie

Katie Emmerson Renz married to Kevin with 3 beautiful boys the twins Nate & Will aged 5 and Hunter aged 10 had some news just before Christmas that has rocked their world as they know it.

Katie has been diagnosed with stage 4 Stomach Cancer and is currently undergoing her only option which is Chemotherapy.

Katie is a fellow crafter and is loved within the crafting community.you can read Katie's story on her own blog here.  A huge group of the talented artists have designed images for the Help for Katie cause which can be yours for donating to Katie's cause.  You can see all the details on Jak's blog, what a great collection of digi images as well as some fabulous prizes.  Please share this link with all your friends.  Jak is collecting to help with Katie's Treatment and to give her lovely boys a treat too.

For my card, I have used Mo Manning's new Sprout.


I sized and printed Sprout onto Cryogen paper with my inkjet printer.  Copics used:
Sprout - E000, E00, R20
Hair - E11, E08
Bibs - E25
Patches - RV25, R29
Top - RV21, RV25
Shoes - RV21, C1
Pot - E95, E97
Plant - G21
I originally did not have the scalloped circle on the card, I had more of the heart stickers, so when I added it the bright white of the Cryogen looked bad against the off white of the sentiment DP.  So I took an E51 and colored around the image, ick, too yellow, so I took an E40 and colored over that, better.  It looks a little splotchy but I kind of like the look.  I used my Cheery Lynn Designs Scallop Coved Rectangle Stackers dies, my Scallop Heart Circle Stackers and Frills and Heart Border die for all the layers of the card.  Finished size is 5 x 7 inches.

1 comment:

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

Such a sad story and worthy cause. You created a beautiful card to share this. The DP is pretty and love the coloring.