Saturday, June 18, 2011

TOMIC Pink, Brown and White challenge

This week at The Official Magnolia Inspiration Challenge blog  they have a color challenge of Pink, Brown and White.  You all know how much I love PINK, lol.


My first step was to check my paper stash and I found this gorgeous paper from the SEI Chocolat collection.  It is really quite luscious paper.  Next I grabbed my new Cheery Lynn Designs Dutch Scallop Square die.  This is a beautiful die and you get the round medallion that is under my flower with the die.  So I decided to make an easel card because I could not stand to cover the paper up, lol.   I stamped this adorable Tilda from Magnolia stamps onto Cryogen paper with Memento Tuxedo black ink.  Copics used:
Tilda - E000, E00, R20, white Glaze pen
Hair - E13, E57
Outfit - RV11, RV32, W1
Shadow - W1
I used dimensionals to pop up both the frame and Tilda.  I love how it looks like she is sitting in the frame with her feet dangling.  I added a couple of butterflies from the Cheery Lynn Designs Exotic Butterflies Mini Set  You get 3 amazing butterfly dies in the set.  I die cut them out of white and pink and then layered them for extra dimension on the card.  Be sure to click on the photo on the left to see the detail on the butterflies and the frame. 

The last step was the base of the card, I added a coordinating striped panel of paper then using Cheery Lynn Designs Judy's Blooms, I die cut my flower.  I added a brad for the center then mounted it on top of the gorgeous medallion from the center of my Dutch Scallop Frame.  I started to add a sentiment, but again did not want to cover up the paper.  I can add it to the inside.  Finished size is 6" square.

I am also entering this into the Magnolia-licious Highlights challenge.   The challenge is to use a mini - Magnolia, I don't have any but it says you can still enter with a full size image.  If I win, maybe I can order some, lol.

3 comments:

ednamburgess said...

This is the cutest card. Love the browns and pinks and of course I like Tilda. All the new Cherry Lynn dies you used are great. Edna

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is wonderful a really great layout too, hugs pops x

Kianel said...

Dear Sandy!
What a fantastic card you've made for TOMIC. I am more than happy you joined our 2nd challenge and hope to see you there again next week!
Love from France, Kianel.