Monday, September 22, 2008

O Christmas Tree

I felt like working on some Christmas cards today. Here is the first. I love this stamp, the words to 'O Christmas Tree' in the shape of a tree, how clever. I stamped it on Curious Metallic Gold Leaf paper with black Colorbox ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. I layered this on to a black panel of card stock and used my EK Success concave punch on the corners. I then took a pine silhouette stamp and stamped it several times with Versamark onto a black panel, embossing it with Champagne embossing powder to create the background. After using the concave punch again, I layered this onto Gold Leaf cardstock, adding black accents in the corners. I popped up the center panel for some interest. Both stamps are from Repeat Impressions. I think this makes a very elegant card. Thanks for stopping by.

Repeat Impressions stamps used:
3211-M O Christmas Tree
5131-I Pine Needles Sil.

3 comments:

Sew This N That said...

Beautiful Sandy :0)
I love the "O Christmas tree" of all xmas songs. I like how you have done the gold embossing onto the black card, it sure does stand out :0)
**Hugs** Heather x

Anonymous said...

Shock Horror!!! what NO Copic's on this one...lol, I'm just kidding, it's beautiful.

Jenny Gropp said...

This is elegant and perfect. Lovely and catches the eye---such a change from your Completely Copic cards!