Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Brayered House on the Point

This house stamp from De Stempelwinkel.nl reminds me of the homes that are built on the fingers of land that jut out into the bay where I grew up.

I stamped the image with Versacolor black ink and clear embossed it on Xerox Heavyweight Matte card stock. I added some color to the grass, land and boat with my LePlume markers, then clear embossed over them again.

Masking the moon and the horizon, I began brayering with Adirondack Lights Cool Peri for the sky. The next layer was Denim with the last being Purple Surf.

Reversing my horizon mask and adding another masked moon, I brayered the water with Lights Ocean Aqua, followed with Stream and Purple Surf.

The last steps were to add the branches framing the scene; the birds and the boater are from Stampscapes. The finished size is 5.5 x 8 inches.

5 comments:

Sandy Knecht said...

Nice Scene Sandy. I'd like to be living in that house and have the water a short distance away. This looks like a photograph. Just Perfect.

Heather Bradley said...

wow Sandy, you never stop inspiring me :0)
It looks beautiful :0)
**Hugs** Heather x

Sheila said...

Absolutely love this one Sandy, can't wait to get my stamps ink too.

Jenny Gropp said...

Really like this with the reflection in the water.

Marika said...

Sandy, i love your Blog .. it is verry verry beautyful