Friday, October 1, 2010

Kai in the Snow Center Step Card

While blog hopping, I have run into this same fold on several blogs, that pointed me to other blogs but never to a tutorial showing me how to make it.  So after quite a few bad attempts, I was able to figure it out.  It really is a very easy card to make, as easy as the easel card in my opinion.


The center panel is taller and the 2 side panels step back.  Pretty cool design, sadly I don't know who to credit with its creation.  I started the card by sizing and printing Mo Manning's Kai in the Snow onto Cryogen paper with my inkjet printer.  Copics used:
Kai - E000
Snowsuit - B00, B04
Hat & Scarf - R29, YG93
Gloves - YG93
Boots - C2

I used Our Craft Lounge Sparkly Stuff on the pom-poms and a Snow Writer Pen on the snow flakes and ground snow.  The circle die is from Nellie Snellen, DP is My Mind's Eye.  The sentiment is from an old See-D's stamp set, the tag is a McGill punch.  Finished size is 4.25 x 5.5 inches.

I have created a template for you to use should you want to make one of these cards.  Do the 2 cuts first then use the cut lines as guidelines for your scores.  Have fun with it.

13 comments:

Dorcas said...

THanks soooo much for this Sandy. I have been wanting to make this fold for ages but couldn't find any directions I could understand. THis is perfect. I needed a DIAGRAM! Thanks. :-)
Hey, fab card as well!

Anonymous said...

Great card and thanks for supplying a pattern with it. Edna

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Sandy! I wish I had more time for crafting, but at the moment I have to work 4 days a week instead of 1,5 day! Hope my co-workers will be better soon!

Hugs and have a nice weekend,
Renata

Trish D said...

A very lovely card Sandy. Love it! And thanks for the template

Sandra1968 said...

This is a beautiful card!
And thanks for the template :-)

Karen W said...

Darling card, thanks so much for the template you know I love it!!

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

This is a great card. I love Kai and the colors. Thanks for sharing how to do it.

Elaine L. said...

Hi, Sandy! Just stopping by to see what you're up to and found this great template! Thanks for sharing it! It looks easy and certainly is an interesting fold.

Jolanda Cuper said...

Hello Sandy,
Its a real nice template,I made a download! Tanx for that!
Your card is beautiful! Iff I got time I make a card with itt.
Goodbay from the Netherlands!
Greetz Jolanda Cuper.

Vixykins said...

Thanks for taking the time to post the template for these on here Sandy. I've made one following it + posted on crafty cardmakers with a link back to it here. Really is easy and your instructions are spot on x

Christine said...

Thankyou for sharing this fab template Sandy, I have found you via Vixykins Blog.
Christine xx

Devlin said...

Thank you. I'm going to try this. Looks like fun!

Curly said...

Hi sandy
thank you so much for sharing this templete, I found you through Kips Cards who found you through Vixykins blog,
Have a great evening, Crafty hugs, Bridget ;)