Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Cutcardstock Basis Perfect Pockets

In the supplies that were sent to me for my Cutcardstock post today were Basis A-7 Perfect Pockets.  And one of them was orange.  As I was trying to think of something brilliant to make I thought of my friend Amy and her annual Halloween party. So I decided to design a Halloween party invitation.

I began with my Halloween in Wonderland 8x8 pad of paper by Graphic 45.  It matches the orange and dark purple Basis card stock perfectly.  I also used some dies, a black Pearl pen and some gems.  Then the fun began.  I just cut paper to fit all the panels of the Perfect Pocket and added a few embellishments.


When you flip back the front flap, this is what you see................
 
Then when you flip down the bottom panel , you see the inside.......

Here are some closeups of the great papers and embellishments.  
Bottom front flap...

Inside top flap....

Inside center panel, I gave the Mad Hatter a watch.....

And then the Pocket panel with the invitation...

Now I know it is not Halloween but this was so much fun.  However, can you imagine making a graduation card with each of the panels dedicated to the life of the student and a great gift card in the pocket.  Or how about a wedding card with fabulous pics of the happy couple.  The possibilities are endless.  Finished size of my Perfect Pocket invitation is 5 x 7 inches. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So colorful and cute. Would like to see the real card. And graduation would hold lots of possibilities. Thanks for the idea. Will have to consider this one. Thanks for the ideas. Edna

Kelly Schelske said...

This is fabulous Sandy!!

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

Cute idea even though I don't want Halloween here too soon. Hope you show Amy. It would be a good idea for her.

Anonymous said...

Love it! Love the paper and the project! How fun! Amy P.